Wednesday 14 August 2013

Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant

I just had a sleepless night all because of a buffet.
Trust me, I totally had no idea that I would end up having that for dinner until the bf suggested that we should eat some SNOW CRABS. My bf brought me to the Momiji Japanese Buffet Restaurant at City Square mall.

The spread was amazing! We had edamame, sushi, at least 5 different types of hot pot nabes, tempura,  fresh sashimi, fresh seafood including sotong, clams, prawns & scallops.

They even have over 20 made-on-the-spot items including the nabes I sound as though I am scolding a bad word. My favourites were the scallops with oyster mushroom (which was really SHIOK because they added tonnes of chilli padi to it) and also the super large scallops cooked with tofu. 

Beverage wise, their spread was really good too. They had 4 types of  Japanese drinks imported  from Kyoto: yuzu, ocha, matcha iced fuji apple tea, as well as fountain drinks. The best part? They even had FREE FLOW OF BEER (6.30-7.30PM) Too bad,  I don't drink a lot.

Another awesome part about this buffet has got to be the Häagen Daz ice cream. There are 4 different flavours to choose from: macadamia nut ( my fav) , rum and raisin, green tea and chocolate! You could even have it in a cone or a bowl. I am an ice cream lover so I had 3 rounds of it and I had fun being an ice cream scooper for a day, lol. They also had other desserts like cheesecakes, and chocolate fondue fountain. Fresh fruits were also available.

 Service wise, I was sceptical about it initially. I wanted the window seat as I wanted to see what's in the condo opposite the mall. I'm know I'm such a kaypoh, right? hehe. Despite the restaurant being so big and empty on a weekday,  they didn't want to let me change to a window seat initially , insisting that those were for 6 pax or more. But when I pointed out that there was a table for 4 unoccupied, the staff agreed.They also said they didn't have lemons for me to dip my seafood in but another staff kindly returned with sliced ones. Apart from some lapses, everything else was good and I would come back again!

Cheers
Took some pics using my spare phone so please don't expect pics to be sharp :/


Their imported drinks from Kyoto which were super thick and concentrated!
 Yuzu and Matcha were my fav!


Their deep fried items including tempura





Made-on-the-spot items!
Beef with mushrooms and large Scallop with toufu


Free Flow for an hour !



SNOW CRAB LEGS
The legs were not that filled entirely with meat, but still they were FRESH nonetheless



They also had mochi, but I was too full by then and I only could stomach ice cream




Haagen Daz to end off my lovely buffet


No comments: