Friday 31 May 2013

SPAGEDDIES



SPAGEDDIES



181 Orchard Road
#04-01 Orchard Central
Tel: 67387798Fax: 67388773


My petit ami ( boyfriend ) and I just had our dinner at Spageddies at the Orchard Central outlet which is just beside SG Flight Simulator. We ordered:

1) Crayfish and Tenderloin Pasta
2) Wild Mushroom Soup
3) Half Loaf Bread

First, I must say that I came here because I wanted to use my voucher as it is expiring soon. It was given to me by Orchard Central as a birthday gift, along with a few other great vouchers like Love n Show, Ya Kun Kaya Toast, Chrysalis and an Orchard Central Voucher. No minimum spend for all these vouchers which is great because most of these free vouchers are useless to me because of their T&Cs. Thank You OC for the presents! Btw, You’re still one of my favourite malls in Singapore especially when I need some peace and quiet while I’m in town.

Oh yes, so as for the food, the main course was good. I loved the pasta which was cooked aglio olio style even though it was a tad too peppery for my bf.  The beef was served medium rare with mushroom sauce, and the crayfish was fresh and had a good tomato based sauce. The soup was pretty standard but the bread- half a loaf of toasted baguette- was different. It was served with fried garlic on a side plate instead of fresh garlic paste. That’s a first. And you can tell that the oil used was fresh.

The ambience was decent but I would have preferred to sit outside if not for the rain. It looks more charming out there.

 Staffs who served us were pretty friendly, efficient and alert. It took just 5-10 minutes before the soup came, but they should have served it together with the bread and the garlic instead of serving separately.


Place was not too packed at the time we were there (i.e. 6 pm ) but a queue formed when we left. 

Overall, a decent restaurant. 7/10 

cheers :) 

No comments: