Friday 31 May 2013

Birkenstocks/ Papillios/ That German Brand / Birks


Birkenstock/ Papillio/ Birki’s
Birkenstock is a German shoe brand which has been around for over 200 years ( they were founded in 1774) and I believe Papillio, Birki’s  Beluga all fall under the same company. Well, let’s just call them Birks for simplicity reason.  Each of these brands seem to have a different target market. i.e. Birkenstock has the classic, solid-coloured designs,  Papillio seems to have very feminine designs and Birki's seem to be catered to kids/ families. Regardless, their stuff is one of a kind. I mean most of my shoes give me blisters whenever I have to break into them. BUT Birks are exceptions. I NEVER had a blister wearing Birks(Y) The only thing that’s just a tad uncomfortable is their cork bed which you’ll have to mould by wearing them often. So as you wear them, it gets softer and more comfortable though they may be very stiff when you first try them on. If it doesn’t get any softer, then it’s prolly  a fake. (haha kidding) but I swear my birks are the best shoes in my shoe cabinet. They are really easy to match and I wear them almost every day either with jeans, skirts or shorts.

Anyway, Ii just found out that it is no cheaper getting them in Germany cos they are about the same prices : | One pair retails for at least $90-$200 in Singapore. Well, I have some good news! 


If you are keen to get a pair, I’m selling them at great prices starting from $50 for a pair of Madrid (the one-strap sandal) I have them in various colours and sizes ranging from size 34- 43. Email me for more info thepluralofjoy@gmail.com :) 

Cheers ! 

No comments: